Tuesday, January 27, 2009

OK Ice Storms



I woke up at the crack of dawn to the sound of sleet hitting the windown pane. And oddly enough, I also heard thunder and saw lightening. What kind of place gets icy precip and a thunder storm at the same time?




My Japanese Maple held strong the last time one of these winter storms blowed through these parts and I sure hope she can do it again. I love this tree. I got it for Mother's Day 2006.



Oh well, we were planning to rework this flower garden again this spring anyhow.

Now you see why I am working from home today. The streets faired no better than the rest. I'd really planned on not getting out in this crud today but Jason left his truck downtown after the AC/DC concert last night. I guess the parking garage traffic was unreal. Ah, the joys of owning property. I'd almost rather leave it than drive on this stuff.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: