Thursday, September 23, 2010

RAOK in OK

So, my friend over at Two Little Miss Fritts had a link to an inspiring blog about random acts of kindness on her Facebook page. The owner of the blog wrote about how she celebrated her 38th birthday doing 38 random acts of kindness all in one day. I was so inspired by the idea that I decided to share it via email with several family members, friends and co-workers. A few folks were impressed and a few others were equally inspired to do more.

Thus begins my journey to make a conscious effort to do some random act of kindness (RAOK), Oklahoma (OK) style at least once a week for an unspecified amount of time. I'm hopeful that the newness of this quest doesn't wear thin. And I'm hopeful that I continue to be inspired by how I feel while and after doing these acts of kindness.

Tonight I paid the bill for the lady in the drive thru line behind me at Braums. I didn't stick around to see her gratitude once she realized that her bill was already taken care of. But when the cashier asked if I knew the woman in my rearview mirror and I replied "No", I was pleased to see her joy at the thoughtfulness of the jesture. And so...here we go!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yay! I'm going to do this too! I love it. And I love you!