Saturday, September 22, 2007

Go Pirates!

I'm so excited that I just HAD to share it with you all. Dakota scored 3 soccer goals today! He started soccer in the Fall of 2006 in an under 5 program which involved kicking the ball around amongst a giant group of little people. Spring 2007's under 6 program was more successful but Dakota still didn't get too excited about playing and rarely got contact with the ball. But Fall 2007 is here and he's got a new attitude.

He is getting several touches on the ball, getting more assertive and confident in his play and has even become a pretty good defender. The Pirates won 5 to 4 and Dakota scored 3 of the 5 points! I couldn't be prouder of him...and not because he scored or that they won...but that he tried. He really, really tried. I got tears in my eyes when I saw the calm, confident smile he wore as he walked off the field and into my embrace.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Go Dakota!!!

You know, when I played, I got $1 for every goal and $5 for a hat trick (3 goals). I think you guys should start the same thing... ;)

Boomershines said...

Right on! Way to go Dakotabear!