Monday, March 17, 2008

Day 1 of Vacation

San Antonio Bound...Day 1 of the 2008 Family Vacation





The bus ride down to San Antonio.
Gaming at Dave & Busters.


Our 2008 family vacation destination is San Antonio. Doc's baseball team was headed south to play baseball against some Texas teams so we elected to tag along for a mini family vacation. Dakota rode the bus with the team and his daddy while Elle and I took a direct flight to San Antonio. She was such a trooper, lugging around her princess suitcase and walked nearly 100% of the time. I was SO thankful because I was lugging my purse, her backpack, my suitcase and a car seat. I really don't know how single parents do it and I applaud them (on my feet clapping).


Shortly after checking into the hotel, the whole group loaded back onto the bus and headed out for dinner at Dave & Busters. The kids had a great time and they won enough tickets that Dakota was able to get a purple stuffed dolphin that he's named Squirt and Elle got a stuffed Dora the Explorer. And you know I'm ecstatic because we don't have NEARLY enough stuffed things around our house. But I must say that it satisfied Dakota greatly. Apparently he was pretty pissed that he didn't get a stuffed monkey when they stopped at a Love's gas station in Atoka, Oklahoma.


Tomorrow's plans include a trip to the San Antonio zoo for the kids and me, golfing at The Republic Golf Club for all the coaches, baseball at 3:30 p.m. and then we're off to San Antonio Spurs game this evening. Should be a busy and exciting day!

More later...

No comments: