Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Nearly Lost It

So, I had my annual OB/GYN appointment today which is always such a fun time. What the (insert bad word) ever! Surprisingly, the Doc was on time today and I was pleased that I didn't have to sit for nearly an hour with a disposable paper table cloth draped over my legs. I was not pleased that Aunt Flo decided to arrive early this morning because that added all sorts of extra pleasure to my experience. Needless to say, I was ready to get back to work.

So I walked into the parking garage in an expeditious fashion because I can't seem to walk unlike I'm in a freaking relay race. During my final 20 yard sprint to the car, my high heels hit a slick spot on the concrete and I went down...almost.

My purse dropped from my shoulder and I immediately slapped the side of a 1990's model Lincoln Towncar in hopes of it breaking my fall. Miraculously, it did. And I prayed that the owner of the champagne colored ride wasn't behind the wheel or else I was about to get my ass kicked for ramming into the their car. But the best part was the elderly lady driving slowly in search of parking space who's jaw dropped to the floor as she witnessed my display of grace. And she rolled her window down to see if I was okay! Since when do the elderly have to be concerned with falling 30 somethings?

No comments: